Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Down By the River

Down by the River
It's our last night in Twisp, and frankly I'm ready to move on.  I have sniffed every inch of this place and I am looking forward to my next adventure. There are other dogs here but because of the heat, no one seems to be out and about.  It's a little bit lonely.  Kathe is the only person walking around (and around) the campground with a dog every morning, noon, and night.

The big excitement for me today was seeing a deer jump out of the river and run right by our campsite.  By the time Jim got his phone out, the deer had jumped over the fence on it's way to the next county.  I didn't think you wanted to see another picture of a deer's behind so I deleted that picture.

Jim went out early this morning to go for a bike ride.  He wanted to get up to Sun Mountain before it got too hot to ride.  There are miles of single track trails for bikes and horses in the summer and then when winter comes it becomes a cross country ski area.  He really had a great time, but after lunch I helped him take a nice long nap.

Kathe and Jim went to a local favorite restaurant, the Twisp River Pub, for lunch today.  They had a great meal and took in some of the local color at the bar.  Can you imagine, one gal was drinking a couple of strawberry-rhubarb infused vodka drinks for lunch with a fried onion ring chaser!  Oh, and she was dipping the onion rings in tartar sauce. Yuck!

The Methow River
As it started to cool off this evening I took a walk down by the river and took a couple of pictures so I can remember my days here in Twisp by the Methow River. Tomorrow we drive to Republic, Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment