Wednesday, July 15, 2015

In the Canyon

Goodbye to our Mountains
Last night after I finished my post I went out for a bit of fresh air before bedtime and as soon as I got back in it started to rain again.  That makes four consecutive nights of rain.  Oh, it rained every day too, but we still managed to have a lot of fun in Lake Louise in between the showers.  But, it really was time to move on to another adventure.

The last pass into town







Driving back down on Highway 93 through the Kootenay National Park was almost as exciting as it was in the opposite direction, but it was hard to say goodbye to our beautiful Mountains.  After the mountain passes and the 6, 7, and 8% grades we were happy to arrive in Radium Hot Springs and locate the Canyon RV Resort.

Our site is great, we're deep in the canyon in a deluxe site and we back up to a beautiful creek.  I've already walked the whole park and I think we have the best site in the park.  I wish we were staying here longer than 2 nights.

We just chilled out today.  Tomorrow Kathe and Jim will try find something interesting to do here.  I guess yesterdays killer hike took a lot out of them because they are just sitting in the lounge chairs watching the water in the creek flow by.  Fine by me,  I'm chilling in the green grass.
The view from our site

We passed a huge mineral hot springs pool on the way into town, which is the town's claim to fame, that and the 10 golf courses.

A Hot Spring sounds too much like a bath, so
count me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment