Friday, July 3, 2015

Good Clean Fun

No place to hide
When I woke up this morning and saw the piles of laundry on the floor and the big bed torn apart, I immediately knew what was up.  It was cleaning day.  These things happen once and a while when you're on vacation, usually when someone runs out of underwear.  Luckily, I go commando!

Well, when I heard Kathe say that my name was on the first page of things that needed to be cleaned I knew what was in store for me.  Another dunk in the kitchen sink.  She's not much good as a groomer, but the job got done.  I tried to rest after my ordeal, but everyplace I hid Jim came at me with the vacuum cleaner.  Under the bed, under the chair, under the table, there was just no escaping that machine.  Then came the waxing of the furniture, which really stinks. It was a perfectly awful day!

Yesterday I may have given you the impression that there is nothing to do here in Republic.  Today I found out that there are two special events planned for this summer that you might want to check out.
In August there is the Cowboy Caviar Testicle Festival in nearby Conconully, Washington. They will be serving beer and I guess you have to drink a lot of that before you eat the main course which is served with baked beans and cornbread.  Make your reservations early.

And, in a few weeks there is the First Annual Grasshopper Festival right here in Republic.  A famous bug chef from the Food Network will he here to serve gourmet "bugs".  I don't mind eating a bug once in awhile myself, but I think it's more of
I'm taking my ball into Canada
an acquired taste.

Well, tomorrow we will head into Canada and Christina Lake. I have my passport and all my food is certified made in the USA, so I think I'll be okay.  I'm a little worried about the Internet as we have had so much trouble here in Eastern Washington.  Wish me luck, I'll write when I get a chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment