Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Coeur d' Alene

Relaxing at the Spokane River
Here we are in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho and boy have things changed since the last time we were here.

This is now an big city with luxury hotels and all the stores like Macy's Kohl's, Staples, and my favorite, Petco.  The Blackwell Island RV Resort has tripled in size to over 180 sites.  It's still on the Spokane River but our site is eight rows back from the riverfront this time.   We have a little real estate and there was a beautiful sunset tonight out our windshield, so it could be worse.

The only wildlife I have encountered so far has been a very tame swan and about a zillion mosquitoes! Kathe made me run back from the dog park and she was slapping herself all the way. Guess we won't be going there at dusk anymore.

Couer d' Alene was named by the French traders in the early 1800's and mining and logging fueled the economy until recently when tourism took over.

My new best friend, Swanie
Tomorrow I have to get Kathe and Jim up early because they have an appointment to get the motor home serviced. Hopefully, they will be able to fix us up with a new transfer switch so we can run our air conditioning again.  It's been so hot these past few days and we have only been able to run a fan.

I better sign off now, if I look real cute they might give me one more treat before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment