Thursday, July 23, 2015

A Better Day

As I predicted, today was a better day!

Lake Coeur d' Alene
First off we had some "Gold Dust" Flapjacks for breakfast!  Jim received the mix as one of his many birthday presents and he decided to try and make them this morning.  Kathe put some blueberries in the ones she made, but Jim is a traditionalist and ate them just plain.  I like the plain ones too! With lots of butter!

Jim went for a bike ride today on the Centennial Bike Trail which runs from Coeur d'Alene to Spokane.  He didn't ride to Spokane but went about 20 miles along the river and down to Coeur d' Alene Lake. He rode for almost 2 hours and had a great time.

While he was gone Kathe and I went for a nice long hike on the trail around the Resort.  It was a windy day and the mosquitoes couldn't catch us while we walked along the river and through the trees.

What's for dessert?
Everyday we watch the changing of the motor homes at the RV park.  By 11:00 the place clears out and by 4:00 we have new neighbors.  It's amazing how many different kinds of motor homes, trailers, and 5th wheels there are in this part of the country.  And almost everyone is traveling with a dog.

I met a great Golden Retriever in the dog park this afternoon.  Harley was 2 years old and reminded me of my cousin Charlie.  All jumping around and trying to get me to play with him and his yucky, wet tennis ball.

Tonight Jim and Kathe went out to dinner at Beverly's in the Coeur d'Alene Resort and had a really nice meal.  Jim brought me a big piece of steak, because he loves me!

No comments:

Post a Comment