Saturday, June 27, 2020

HECETA BEACH

Everyone is tired tonight, it was such a long trip today. I had to beg Kathe to turn on the computer for me so that I could post something. We drove and drove and drove some more. Such a windy, foggy,  and difficult drive that it took almost the whole day. We started out at about 10:30 and didn't arrive until after 4:00, and that's really late for us. There was wild coastal scenery, great views of the rocks and white capped waves all the way North. Kathy T took this picture of us driving today.

Our home for the next four days is Heceta Beach in Florence, Oregon. It's an interesting place, just on the other side of the sand dunes. We can hear the Ocean from our site, but we can't see it. There are lots of pine trees between the sites so it feels secluded, and there are only 50 or so others camped here. It's a short walk or bike ride to the beach.

Tonight, and the main reason I'm so late in posting, is that it was Kathe's turn to cook dinner. What a disaster. It took her forever to make the crab cakes that she promised everyone. There was such a mess in the kitchen that it might never be the same.
I'm doing my part by licking the floor!

Tomorrow we're all sleeping in, everyone but me that it.

No comments:

Post a Comment