Wednesday, June 10, 2020

EXPLORING LOS PADRES


Another blazing hot day in Solvang. I'm seeking shade wherever I can find it. I'm trying to keep my paws from burning off on my walks. Mornings and evenings are cool, so I can really take my time walking around the loop, but in the heat of the day, I much prefer the air conditioned motor home.

Not so with my humans. After a walk this morning to the Danish Pancake house they left in both cars to explore Lake Cachuma. It's only about 20 minutes past Solvang in the Los Padres National Forest. We used to camp there a long time ago when I was a puppy, but we haven't been back there in a long time.  The Lake is beautiful now that the water level is higher.  

After reminiscing about how things used to be, Jim decided that it was time to get the Jeeps dirty and have some fun.  Off highway 154 is Paradise Road which goes into Los Padres National Forest for about 5 miles. It wasn't a dirt road any longer, it had just been recently graded, but the streams were still full of water and the drive was a lot of fun. Kathy and Warren got a chance to splash mud on their brand Jeep.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment