Monday, June 17, 2024

JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT

 

I don’t like this trip. All we do is drive. We’ve been driving for miles and we still haven’t reached Alaska. We’re not even close. I’m supposed to ride in my crate, but I’ve had just about enough of being in a cage. I’ve been fussing and whining until I finally got Kathe to let me out today. She blocked off the back of the coach with cushions and I curled up on her jacket. Now, that’s the way I like to travel.

Today we drove on the Caribou Highway (97) and turned slightly West on to the Cassier Highway (16) which connects us to the Yellowhead Highway to Alaska. So we are making progress. Over 1800 miles in two weeks, no wonder I’m tired of the crate.

The drive today was green. No doubt because of all the rain but everything, everywhere is green. Except for the occasional herd of cows and sheep on the many farms we passed. The weather has been cold these last few nights and it’s awful hard to get out of the warm bed in the mornings. 

We are in the town of Houston, BC for the next two nights at the Shady Rest RV Park. It’s nice and quiet here, but there’s no shade.

Tonight’s cocktail was a Blue Hawaiian.


No comments:

Post a Comment