Thursday, June 13, 2024

ALL THE WAY TO CLINTON

 

Tonight we are staying in Clinton Canada at the Clinton Pines RV Park. It was a long drive on the Trans Canada Highway 1, more than five hours. The drive was only 166 miles and we had to stop twice for road construction which added time to the drive. The road conditions were okay, but climbing over mountains crossing narrow bridges, and driving curvy roads made me a very cranky dog. Oh,and don’t forget all the dark tunnels we went through. 

We left the pine forests in Rosedale and entered the “hot spot “ of Canada. When we left Rosedale every thing was green and lush but soon we started seeing more rocks and dried vegetation. Who knew that Canada had a desert. 

As we got closer to our destination we started to see some pine trees again. As I slept a good part of the way I got tired of being cooped up in the dreaded cage, I voiced my objections loudly and long enough to give my  Kathe a headache.

Betcha I won’t have to ride in that cage next time. 

We’re here for two nights and after that drive all of us need a break. It was a hassle getting to our site but with the help of the camp host we finally slipped in next to the Taylor’s.

Kathe wants to say tonight’s cocktail was a lemon drop martini! Wonder why?

No comments:

Post a Comment