Monday, June 3, 2024

COALINGA THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE


It’s our first night, after a reasonably short drive, and we stopped here at the Almond Tree “Resort”. We’ve been here many times before as it’s the only game in town along the I-5 headed North. Not much to talk about here, except to say there are no almond trees anywhere near the place.  They replaced them years ago with pistachios, but I guess they forgot to change their name. We heard a rumor that there is going to be a new RV Park at Harris Ranch which is about 10 mile north on the I-5.  That would be swell, 50 amps and a steak dinner, I can’t wait!


Anyway, after a couple of long walks around the place, and some snooping around the oleander I’m ready for a long nap. 

The drive was uneventful and we were happy to meet up with Kathy and Warren.  Bella and Gianni are already napping so we haven’t even seen them yet. Guess the real fun will start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment