Friday, July 31, 2020

STILL SIZZLING

Super hot again today in Sisters! I wasn't feeling at all tip top this morning so I slept until 8:00 and I let everyone else sleep in too. I guess it's the heat, but I just didn't want to get out of bed. I've been staying inside and napping, and I don't feel like eating any treats or dinner tonight. I'm just gonna lay low until I feel better.

We had big problem today with the Nespresso machine. It was started shooting hot coffee out onto the counter. Our old one did the same thing. Kathe and Jim knew there was no hope but to replace it as soon as possible. I don't drink the stuff myself.  It seems humans can't do anything without their coffee in the morning. Lucky for them that it happen in Sisters instead of the boonies. There's a Bed Bath and Beyond, and a Macy's in Bend,  so they were able to replace it right away.


Lunch today was at the Old Mill district at a restaurant overlooking the Deschutes River. They watched the ducks
and people floating past them as they ate lunch outside under an umbrella. They walked along the river after lunch, but it was so hot that everyone agreed to go home and relax in the air conditioning.

Just a heads up! Tomorrow we will be going to Diamond Lake, Oregon for a six night stay. It's near Crater Lake, Oregon, but the internet is reported to be very spotty, so I may not be able to communicate. Jim will try to get the cell phone booster working, but who knows! Remember, we're camping!  Good news, it's supposed to be really cool there. It the 40's at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment