Saturday, July 4, 2020

QUIET FOURTH OF JULY

Great day here in McMinnville at the Old Stone Village RV Resort. I'm having a little trouble concentrating on writing my blog because Warren is barbecuing the most delicious ribs right in front of me. They smell so good, I hope someone will give me just a little taste later tonight. The barbecue is Warrens specialty, but today he has added some wood from the grapevines he picked up this
morning on the bike ride.

It's especially a great Fourth for me because my hearing is so bad now that I can't hear any fireworks. That's just fine with me! As you know this is usually my most hated holiday, especially in Oregon where they shoot fireworks off for days and days! This year it's been so quiet that I can sleep right through them.

After a lazy morning, my humans went for a long bike ride through the grounds of the Evergreen Museum campus. There were paved bike paths along a blueberry farm and around several vineyards. They took another path that was a nature trail where they saw several deer and wild turkeys. Kathy T even found a field for flying model aircraft and was able to fly her drone until the battery finally pooped out. I'm happy to report that my Kathe remained upright the whole time on her bike and returned without mishap! A great day for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment