Friday, July 10, 2020

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER MARKET

Another day in Gig Harbor.  And another bath for me. Ever since that unfortunate experience last year when I had those bald spots, now I have to have more frequent baths. The Vet gave Kathe a new shampoo for me and instructions to use it every week when we travel. I'm allergic to something, but no one knows what. Maybe it's baths! I sure don't enjoy them at all. I almost got out of it this morning when the weather seemed to be too cool. Wouldn't you know it, the sun came out and I went right into the kitchen sink!

The humans took advantage of the sunny weather and went on a road trip to Seattle today. They wanted to go to Pikes Place Market and do some shopping. My Kathe wore a face shield and looked ridiculous, but she wanted to be safe. There were very few people in the market compared to how it would have been before the Covid pandemic. Everyone was wearing masks as dictated by the State of Washington. They bought a few specialty items in the Italian market, and ate pierogies and macaroni and cheese for lunch.

After lunch they found the "original flagship" REI, and did a little shopping there. The store is enormous, and has an outdoor bike trail, a hiking trail and a waterfall on the store grounds. Of course everyone had to wear a mask, stand 6 feet apart, and walk in a one way path throughout the store but it was certainly an amazing place.

No comments:

Post a Comment