Monday, June 10, 2019

BOO!

I've been looking for ghosts here in Calico, but I think they all melted before we got here.  It's 107 outside and I'm sure that any self respecting ghost has found a nice cool place in one of the abandoned silver mines to rest and wait till the temperature drops before they go a haunting.

This area was one of the largest silver mining camps in California during the late 1800's.  Now the ghost town has become a State Park and a tourist attraction. We drove all through the State Park campground and it was truly a ghost town, with only one RV parked for the night.

We're at the KOA just down the road from the State Park, with full hook-ups and 50 Amp power.  I do love my air conditioning.  It's so nice to come in after a walk on the hot sand and chill out on the cold tile floor.

Only here for one night before heading tomorrow for Vegas where it's just as hot as it is here, what a way to start the vaca!

No comments:

Post a Comment