Monday, June 22, 2015

Yodel Lady Who

Downtown Leavenworth
Leavenworth is a little touristy town in the middle of Washington.  Every single building, including the Safeway has a Bavarian theme. We've been here before so we didn't need to spend much time shopping with the crowds on the Markt Strasse or Main Street.  Jim bought a really great T-shirt and Kathe bought an apple strudel and a creme danish.  Priorities! Every single store had a sign that said no dogs allowed, so guess where I spent the day.






Here is a picture I took on one of my many walks today. There is a little path through the woods and over the bridge that I like.  I make Kathe take me down there at least three times a day. It's a winding pathway through the kids symphony camp next door. There are little cabins where they practice hidden in the woods. So, while I'm walking there's beautiful music playing. Tonight I heard a little girl playing the cello and a young boy on the piano.
Stevens Pass Ski Resort

Kathe and Jim took a drive up Highway 2 to Stevens Pass today,  It was a beautiful drive up to the ski area to an altitude of 4000 feet.  The Pacific Crest Trail crosses right through the area.  A day ski pass for seniors is $15 for a 13 hour day.  It's an awful long drive for a bargain.

The highlight of Jim's day was dinner at the famous King Ludwig's Bavarian Restaurant.  They had a couple of great German beers.  Jim had delicious dinner of roasted pork, red cabbage, sauerkraut, and spaetzle. Kathe just had a roast chicken so at least someone was thinking of me.  I saw the doggie bag and it was awesome
.

No comments:

Post a Comment