Sunday, June 7, 2015

Too Hot To Scurry


I thought it was hot yesterday, but today was even hotter.  It was 101 in the shade this afternoon! We are camped under some large trees so we were comfortable last night and this morning.  Kathe and I decided to stay inside today in the air conditioning, but Jim had other plans.


He went for a bike ride on the River's Edge Interpretive Trail.  He rode along the Rogue River and stopped to take this picture.  Kathe and I stayed home and worked on her needlepoint. Once and a while we went outside to sniff for ground squirrels.  There are lots of holes everywhere but I think it's even too hot for the squirrels to scurry around like normal.  Personally, I think it's almost too hot for me to scurry around after them.

While I stayed cool at home, Kathe and Jim went out to explore the town of Rogue River.  They ate lunch at a little cottage restaurant and got the car washed. Jim had a hamburger for lunch, and didn't share. Kathe had a quiche, but who cares.  It would have been nice for SOMEONE to share their hamburger with a man's best friend.

This campground is loaded with blackberry shrubs.  The last time we were here we picked buckets full of berries.  It's too early in the season but the shrubs are covered with flowers and small green berries.  Here's a picture of what they look like now.  I really wish we were coming back later in the season to pick them when they are ripe.

Jim is setting up the barbecue and that can mean only one thing, STEAK TONIGHT!.  I'll go out and give him my extra special cute look, it works every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment