Monday, June 15, 2015

Still Falling

The trail to Double Falls
This morning even I had a hard time getting out of bed.  Don't worry, I took Kathe for a long walk this morning at 6 AM as usual, but then we both went back to sleep.  They had to wake ME up at 9 AM and pull me out of my warm bed.

Once I was up it was business as usual.  They don't call me a terror terrier for nothing.  Today I chased 3 fat robins, a butterfly, 2 squirrels and a bunny rabbit. But who's counting.  I had a little sneezing fit after sticking my face so far down into a squirrel hole that I got my nose full of dirt. After all that activity, I had to take a nap.



Jim went for a great bike ride this morning but he still had enough energy to go for a hike with Kathe after lunch.  They set out for the North Falls but it was too crowded so they decided to hike to Double Falls.  Double Falls is the tallest of the 10 falls in the park at 178 feet. On the trail they also saw Drake Falls, Twin Falls. and Middle North Falls.  It was a very difficult and steep trail with a lot of switchbacks but it was a great hike.  When they got back they were really sweaty and tired. And thirsty.

Double Falls 178 ft

Luckily, Jim wasn't too tired to grill some Angus burgers for us tonight.  I got a whole burger for myself, but I'm going to eat a little bit tonight and save the rest for breakfast tomorrow.

There are still 2 more falls that they haven't seen yet, so I guess it's a good thing we still have another day here.

Middle Fork of North Falls 106 ft


No comments:

Post a Comment