Friday, June 12, 2015

Down by the River


While it was sad to leave the beautiful Seven Feathers Resort and all our new Tiffen friends, I'm glad we're on the road again.  And it's only the three of us now. We drove just about 100 miles north today to reach Eugene, Oregon and the Armitage County Park.

I love it here.  There are 56 acres of large trees and green lawns, and we are camped right on the banks of the McKenzie River.  Green lawns mean lots of squirrel holes to stick your nose into and I have been doing that all day.  No luck yet, but I'll never give up until I catch one.


Kathe and Jim took a little hike down along the river bank trail. They came across a railroad bridge that was built in 1887 with a huge birds nest on top.  Kathe was hoping to see a really exotic bird fly out and was disappointed to see that it was only a sea gull.

There were all kinds of kids playing and floating in the river. There was even a guy fly fishing down there. It looks really fun, but it's so cold only a kid would want to get in that water.

After the hike and a trip to the grocery store we are just chilling out tonight.  I heard Jim tell Kathe that since there are no seminars tomorrow, they can sleep in for a change.
I have other plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment