Monday, June 29, 2015

The Rain Came

My hair, the way I like it
The rain finally came and cooled us off.  The temperature went down to 82 last night as the dark clouds moved into the mountains.  It just sprinkled on and off until this morning when it started pouring.  I waited as long as I could but by 6:30 I had to go O-U-T.  I don't mind the rain one bit.  It's fun to run through the puddles and stick my head into the wet bushes.  Everything smells so fresh that I have a hard time concentrating on what it was I wanted to do outside in the first place.  After 2 loops around the campground I was soaking wet and Kathe's shoes were sloshing.

When we got back to the motor home we played."catch me if you can," another of my favorite things to do when I'm wet. Kathe chases me with a towel until I let her catch me and sort of dry me off.  A good shake all over the sofa and I'm good to go.

Rain water is very good for your hair and your fur. Once I was dry Kathe brushed me and she thought that I looked beautiful, but then I fixed it the way I like it.
The view out the windshield this morning

After breakfast we drove down the mountain through some very beautiful scenery, with glaciers and tall fir and cedar trees.  Jim was wishing he was driving a sports car instead of a 40 foot motor home. That was especially true when we were passing one logging truck after another, and climbing to an altitude of 5400 feet and back down.

We arrived safe and sound at the Riverbend RV Resort in Twisp, Washington.  We have a nice site with a river view.  The best part is that we have power!  We can run 2 air conditioners, microwave, washer and dryer while I'm on the computer.  This is living!  Not that I didn't like the National Park, but it was so hot there even the squirrels were underground.
The view of the river from site #43

We are in an area of Washington called the Methow Valley and there are lots of things Kathe and Jim have planned for the next three days.  Wonder what trouble I can get into?

No comments:

Post a Comment