Sunday, June 14, 2015

We're Falling

Winter Falls
We pulled into space number 29 early this afternoon at the Silver Fall State Park in Sublimity, Oregon.  Our campground is sort of in the middle of no where, but that's nothing new for us.  Kathe sure can find these out of the way places!

There are lots of very tall trees here and ferns and green grass and chirping birds.  The Oregon natives refer to this park as the Grand Canyon of Oregon.  It's that popular! There are 10 beautiful waterfalls and 25 miles of trails for hiking, biking and horse back riding.  They even allow my kind on most of the trails, as long as we're attached to a human.

Along the way up the I-5 today we drove through the grass seed capital of the world, Linn County. Thrilling! Then we past corn fields, vineyards, and Christmas tree orchards to arrive here in the middle of the woods for our three day adventure.

South Falls

Kathe and Jim hiked to two of the ten falls today and shot these pictures.  I wonder, if  Kathe clocks over 10,000 steps on her fitbit, how many steps do you think I walked today? I figure at least 40.000, No wonder I'm too tired to chase the fat little robins tonight.

We are having trouble with the Internet tonight so I'm cutting this short.  Verizon isn't working at all here so Kathe is using her AT&T iPhone as our hot spot.  Hopefully I can write again tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment