Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Object of My Affection


By now everyone knows that I live and breathe for squirrels.  This is a lovely RV park in a very nice city, but there are NO squirrels here.  I am so bored, I'm starting to act like a human.  I just sit around and do nothing like they do. Oh, once and awhile Layla and I get our people moving for a stroll around the campground, but we're ready for some real rodent chasing.  I am posting this picture because keeps me on my toes and alert.  Promise me the next place will be in the woods!

Kathe and Jim went to downtown Salem today to tour the Capitol.  They got a short history lesson on the statehood of Oregon and learned about the state government.  They toured the building and saw where the Oregon state representatives and senators meet.  Here the men and women that represent the people are not career politicians, but regular folks that work part time for a short time each year.  The only one who works full time is the Governor.  Kathe and Jim were just about to climb the 121 steps to the observation area in the Capitol dome when about 40 or 50 Japanese teenagers raced up the stairs ahead of them.
Well, maybe next time.

We had a great pot luck dinner tonight with meatloaf, ribs, grilled potatoes, green bean casserole, salad and a lemon pie for dessert.  Luckily a  tiny piece of meatloaf happened to come my way.  I love pot luck dinners because everyone is so busy piling the food on their plates that they forget about me down here in the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment