Sunday, August 10, 2014

Cock-a-doodle-Don't



As I told you yesterday, this is a really beautiful park.  There's a cute little farm, lots of trees, flowers and large grassy areas everywhere. There is just one teeny-tiny problem and his name is ROOSTER!

I was planning to let Kathe sleep in this morning since there are no chipmunks to chase here in civilization and so there's no reason to get up early.  Seems the rooster had a different idea.  He was  on the job at 4:53 in the morning, so that's when your day is supposed to begin.  It's no use trying to get back to sleep, cause as soon as you do he's off Cocka-doodle-doing again.  He didn't really stop until just about suppertime.
And they call this a vacation!

We are now a group of eight people and 2 dogs.  After breakfast the guys either watched the NASCAR race or went to the gun shop while the gals piled into Kathe's car for a shopping trip to the town of Sisters.

I've made six trips to the dog park today and counted Kathe's steps.  It's exactly 492 steps from our front door to the place I'm allowed to pee.  Since I make about 8 steps to her one, let me tell you my paws are crossed by the time we reach our destination.  There are signs everywhere telling you not to pee in the grass or on the flowers, so it's a good thing I can read.

Tomorrow the people are going on an all day river rafting trip.  I'm planning to spend the day over at my best friend Layla's coach.  We have a lot of mischief planned, but don't tell the rooster.   

No comments:

Post a Comment