Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Pine Trees are NOT Your Friends


If you're trying to track squirrels under the pine trees, look out for the sticky pine cones.  I just lost a bunch of my coat because I rolled in pine sap.  It's worse than chewing gum and no fun at all when Kathe gets out the scissors and chops off chunks of my coat.  Now, tomorrow I have to go to a dog groomer for a real bath.  I guess it's not as humiliating as being dunked in the kitchen sink.  Wish me luck, the last time I went to a "professional" groomer in Oregon I came out looking like a stupid Pomeranian.

This morning Jim went for the much anticipated bike ride down the Rogue River Greenway Trail.  He enjoyed it but said that the trail was much too short.  When it's finished the trail will connect Ashland to Grants Pass along the Rogue.  Guess we will have to come back when it is finished.

After lunch they went wine tasting again.  They keep drinking the stuff, and so I guess they have to keep buying more.  The Del Rio Winery is just down the road from the campground in Gold Hill.  The tasting room was once the Rock Point Hotel, a stage stop during the Gold Rush days.  They tasted about 10 different estate grown wines.  The 200 plus acre vineyard is on the hillside behind the tasting room.

I had a little teeny tiny bit of the blackberry cobbler that Kathe made from some of the tons of berries they picked last night just before sunset. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment