Sunday, August 3, 2014

Ashes Everywhere

Last night, just before we went to bed we saw a big pink plume of smoke out to the North.  This morning there were ashes on everything.  The motor home, the car and even my blue chair had little white ashes on it.  We looked up fires on the computer and it looks like there is a huge fire to the northeast of our location in Oregon.  That's exactly where we are planning to go tomorrow!  We will probably change our current plan and try to avoid the fire.

There is no way of knowing which area will be impacted until we get on the road, but it looks like the way to Diamond Lake is closed.

Jim took a nice long bike ride around Lake Siskiyou this morning.  And, while Kathe worked on her needlepoint, I took a well deserved nap.  I'm not sleeping that well here with the trains running all night.

Guess what?  Acorns don't taste good.  I have been picking them up every morning only to have Kathe yell, "Spit that out!" I didn't get to taste one until this morning.  She's right, I should have spit it out.  It tasted awful.  That doesn't mean I won't try it again tomorrow just to see if I can annoy her.

Kathe and Jim decided to take a drive down  to Lake Shasta to see the Shasta Caverns.  They got stuck in a 6 mile back-up on the freeway and never made it to the caverns.  They took a detour to see how low the water level was at the Sugarloaf Arm of Lake Shasta.  Due to the drought the Lake is 40 or 50 feet below previous levels.  Very sad, especially for Jim who has great memories of house boating on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment