Friday, August 1, 2014

Lassen Volcanic National Park


They say that Lassen is the least visited of our National Parks, but it sure was a busy place while we were there.  All the campsites were filled in our loop and there were also no available sites in the other two loops for the three days that we were there. We didn't have Internet or cell service so I wasn't able to update you on our activities until now.


Let me say that the place was a virtual paradise, in my opinion. Squirrels and chipmunks were dashing all over the place and I really gave them a hard time. I chased after them and stuck my nose down into their homes as much as I was allowed before my leash started choking me.  It was great fun.  My boyfriend, Gianni and I went for several long walks around the park together and his sister Mia tagged along.   We had so much fun getting dirty and getting pine needles and pine tar stuck in our coats.

My people had fun too.  They rented a kayak and paddled around Manzanita Lake one afternoon. Then, when Warren and Kathy arrived (Gianni and Mia's people) they really started whooping it up.  Warren and Jim cooked a shrimp and steak dinner one night and Warren made gnocchi from scratch for dinner last night. Delicious!

Yesterday they left us dogs home and hiked to Bumpass Hell which you can see by these pictures is like a mini Yellowstone.  Steaming bubbling and stinky!

No comments:

Post a Comment