Thursday, August 28, 2014

Camping on the Humboldt Bay, I Think


We're spending the night at the Mad River Rapids RV Park in Arcata, California.  It's supposed to be right on the Humboldt Bay but it is so foggy tonight that we can't see anything.  It's been foggy since we hit the coast on our trip down here from Canyonville today.

We drove down I-5 to Grants Pass, Oregon and then took the 199 Redwood Highway down through the redwood forest.  It was a very narrow highway and we had to slow to 25 or 30 miles an hour a lot of the time.  There were so many tight turns and bumps in the road that I was standing up in my crate most of the way. We traveled 199 miles today, quiet a long trip considering we have only been covering 50 or 60 miles a day for the last few weeks of the trip.

I took some pictures on the drive, but the trees are so large that the pictures can't begin to show how beautiful the drive was.  It was okay that Jim was driving slowly because that meant we spent more time in the trees.


We went out for a walk after dinner and it was so chilly that we turned on the fireplace when we got back.

I took this picture of the bay, I think! It's so foggy I can't be sure. Quite a change from the 95 degree heat yesterday in Canyonville.  Wish I had a warm sweater like Kathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment