Saturday, July 27, 2024

ANOTHER DAY IN DENALI

 

Still raining, still cold. We are trying not to let the miserable weather get us down. I think I am the only one in the family that likes to walk in the rain. Maybe it’s a problem that I like it too much. Since I can’t walk myself, and I need a human at the other end of my leash, going outside 3 times a night is really only fun for me.

Today the humans drove back into the park to the Visitors Center.  They watched two really good movies. The first film was all about the changes of seasons in the park. Lots of beautiful pictures of the animals and birds that are here year round. The second movie was about the sled dogs that have been used here in by the rangers since 1917. Some areas of the park are still not accessible in winter without the use of sled dogs.


Later they took a shuttle bus to the dog kennels and listened to a ranger talk about the program about raising and training the huskies to be used here in the park. There was a demonstration where the dogs showed how they liked pulling a sled on wheels. Those dogs sure were happy and really wanted to run!

This evening they went to a dinner theater show at a nearby hotel. The show was great and the dinner was delicious. Lots of singing and dancing all about Alaska gold rush days.

No comments:

Post a Comment