Thursday, August 10, 2023

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

Well, we didn't have a very good beginning, but things are looking up. Yesterday we spent several hours at the tire shop and then we caught up with Warren and Kathy in Lodi, CA. The ride was a hot and long one, but we were very relieved to have a safe new tire under us. We traveled on the Interstate passing lots of big rigs and many trucks carrying tons of tomatoes. The area is known for growing nuts so we also passed lots of almond and pistachio trees, with a few cows thrown every so often. The best part of the day was when we finally arrived at the RV Resort Warren had prepared dinner for all of us. 

So, now for today. This is a picture of way I like to travel now. They tried to coop me up in a new crate, but I'm not having it. As soon as they zipped me, in I started crying so loud that they had to take me out and put me in this chair. I sure liked that! I know it's not too safe but I like riding like the little princess I am. I sat there for the entire five hour drive. No more crates for me!

Now, we are relaxing in Redding, California at Boulder Creek Resort. It's really nice, we have a nice big grassy site and Gianni and Bella are right next door. It's 102 outside right now, but we're staying inside till it cools off tonight.  We plan to stay here for two nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment