Saturday, June 25, 2022

YELLOWSTONE AT LAST



I was trying to sleep this morning when my humans made so much noise, I was forced out of bed at 7:30. I'd already been out at 5:00 for my walk, but I usually get to go back to sleep till at least 8 or 9 o'clock. Why were they up so early? ROAD TRIP TO YELLOWSTONE!


Yellowstone is now open on a provisional basis, only cars with license plates ending in an odd number were allowed into the park today. Since we are camped about 50 miles from the east entrance, they wanted to get an early start this morning. The weather here looked gloomy and there were dark clouds when they left.

The plan was to drive to Fishing Bridge and maybe see some critters and thermal features on the way. As soon as they had driven a few miles the skies turned blue, and it was a beautiful drive the rest of the day.


Kathy T brought her big camera and was able to take some pictures from the side of the road. They saw some bison and a moose as well as a bear. This brown lump is a picture of the bear which caused a traffic jam, everyone was trying to get a picture, even though the creature was so far away.


After Fishing Bridge, they drove to West Thumb Geyser Basin. There were lots of thermal pools, mini mud volcanos, and paint pots. There was also an elevated trail to the lakeshore geyser. The pools were steaming and colorful.

Unfortunately, they didn't have time to continue to Old Faithful as us doggies needed our afternoon walks and dinner. I made Kathe walk completely around the park after keeping me waiting so long.  

No comments:

Post a Comment