Friday, July 29, 2016

DOWN HILL FROM HERE



Today we drove from Cedar City to Las Vegas.  I guess we really are on the way home now.  As we drove downhill through the Paiute Wilderness Pass in Arizona.  I tried to take a couple of pictures to show you how steep the walls of the canyon were, but it's so hard to take a picture of these massive rocks with a cell phone while leaning on the dashboard.

We are staying tonight at the Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort, it's a beautiful resort with palm trees and three pools.  A far cry from the place we stayed last night.  There is just one little problem.  It's 112 degrees outside.  Too hot for my little paws. Kathe had to carry me to the grass and carry me home this afternoon.  I''d really like to stay here again when it's not so hot.

All three of us are a little sad to be going home.  I know it won't be long before we set out on another adventure, Kathe and Jim are always going somewhere.  I'm just happy that I get to come along and share the fun.

I know I shouldn't be sad.  It's been a great trip. We've been gone over 50 days and traveled almost 3000 miles. We've been in Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Wyoming, and Utah. We've stayed overnight in 25 different campsites. In our travels, we've visited six National Parks, six National Monuments, five State Parks, and one State Landmark, it's been a great ride.

Thanks for coming along!

1 comment:

  1. My pleasure! It looks like you guys enjoyed Bryce Canyon as much as did.

    ReplyDelete