Saturday, July 16, 2016

HOT ROCKS

When I took Kathe out this morning at 6 AM it was already 90 degrees and rising.  We actually slept with the air conditioning on most of last night.  It was 95 outside and 92 inside at bedtime.  That's just too darn hot for me!  I go out and there is no fooling around, I get my important stuff done and run right back to the air conditioning.  Today the temperature was 107 at lunch time, and the rocks were hot all day.

Jim went for a bike ride early this morning to try to beat the heat, but trust me there is no way to beat this heat except to stay inside and lay on the cool tile floor.

After Jim came home, he and Kathe went exploring in Arches National Park. It was too hot to take any long hikes, so they mostly explored the park from the car.  A couple of short excursions enabled them to take some photographs of the arches.










This evening Kathe and Jim took a Jet Boat dinner cruise up the Colorado River.  They were able to cool off a little on the river and enjoyed the views of the canyon from the boat and took some pictures. This arch  is called the Jug Handle..




No comments:

Post a Comment