Monday, July 25, 2016

BRYCE IS NICE

I know Kathe and Jim think that the spires and sandstone formations are beautiful, but I want you to know that this place is crawling with chipmunks.  I've never seen so many in my whole life.  This place is the best ever! Chipmunks are running all over the campground, back and forth and up and down the street, it's hard for me to concentrate on anything else. I made Kathe take me out 4 times and all I could do was chase little furry rodents.  She wasn't too happy about that!

But I digress, we arrived here at Ruby's Campground at exactly noon.  We have a great site with lots of room to roam as the sites are spaced about 25 feet apart. The campground is a small city with a hotel, grocery store, and several restaurants.  And the best part it's just outside the entrance to Bryce National Park.

After lunch Jim and Kathe went to the Visitors Center to see the film and learn about the formation of the Park.  They spent some time with the Ranger trying to find a hike that isn't too strenuous.  I'm not sure there was one. The entrance fee to the Park was $30.00 per car!  My humans have the "geezer pass" so they didn't have to pay anything.  They've  been able to get into every National Park on this trip for free, just because they are old, that's pretty cool.

They took the car and went up to Sunset Point and Sunrise Point to take these pictures.

Tomorrow they are going on a guided tour of the park.  The tour starts at 9 AM so we are all going to bed early tonight.  We will spend three days here.
Plenty of time to chase chipmunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment