Friday, July 8, 2016

8000 FEET AND COUNTING

Sorry I missed you last night.  Kathe says it's the altitude, but I say it's too many margaritas!
After all yesterday was Jim's birthday and we celebrated all day!  Thank you to everyone who called and sent Jim birthday wishes!

We are at the Arrowhead Point Campground and it is very remote.  We have no cell service and this is coming to you via the Park's hot spot because neither Verizon or AT&T work here. The campground hot spot wasn't working last night and I suspect it will not be working tonight either.

Just so you know, we are having fun anyway! We went into the town of Buena Vista and saw the deer on the roads of town.  There was a museum in town which was more like visiting someone's attic with a bunch of jumbled junk.  Seems that whatever people donate to the museum, they put on display.  Even someone's old dentures! Yuck!

This is a picture of our campsite. We have mountains all around us. There are many river rafting companies offering trips down the Arkansas River which is right across the highway from us.

I am having he time of my life! There is no dog park so I get to roam all over the place. There are chipmunks everywhere!  So far I haven't caught one, but I still have another 24 hours. Keep your paws crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment