Thursday, July 14, 2022

RIVER TALES AND TRAILS

 

I told you they would find something fun to do today, and they did. There is a very long bike trail here that runs from the Spokane Valley to Coeur d' Alene. All they had to do was find the entrance this morning and they were off on an adventure. Once they got some information from a local bike rider, they began the biking on the Centennial Trail for a 10-mile ride. It was really nice riding along the river on a path with wildflowers and pine trees.

Jim rewarded Kathe with a fish and chips lunch after the ride. Then it was time for a walk for me, a short one because the pavement was so hot. I let Kathe carry me back to the air-conditioned motor home so I could continue my nap.

After lunch, Jim drove all the humans into Spokane to see the Downtown Riverfront area and the Spokane Upper and Lower Falls. What a site, right in the middle of the City. There were two walking bridges over the Falls, so Kathe got some good pictures. One of the large brick buildings on the Riverfront was once a flour mill that has been transformed into a shopping mall and a restaurant with a balcony over the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment