Saturday, July 20, 2013

Slow Day in Lincoln City

I had a hard time getting my breakfast this morning.  I finally got Kathe out of bed at 6:30 but she just took me straight to the dog park and went back to sleep.  I tried again at 7:30 and same thing, we went out and she went right back to sleep.  I didn't get my breakfast until 9:30 this morning.  They have certainly gotten into this vacation mode, and I'm not so sure I like it.  At about 11:00 she finally took me for a long walk and then we settled down in front of the fireplace. 

I thought Kathe and Jim were never going to leave the house today.  I was really ready for a nap by 12:30 when they finally put their windbreakers on and went out for a hike. 

The ranger at Devil Lake Park sent them out to the Cascade Headlands Preserve.  A Preserve is what Oregon calls the bits of land that haven't been logged out.  Timber is very important here and the land that has been left is now valued as a Preserve.  It was a very beautiful hike through a wooded forest.  The only problem was that it was very difficult.  They hiked about 2 miles straight up, up, and up.  There were lots of stairs and Sitka spruce roots to climb over and they almost turned back before reaching the view point.  I'm glad they took pictures because if I had gone on that hike they would have had to carry me back in a doggie bag.  At least the way down was fast and easy. 

When they finished their hike it was after 4:00 and they realized that they missed lunch.  So, they went out for an early dinner at Mo's, and rewarded themselves with a marionberry cobbler and ice cream for dessert.  Oh yes, and some Advil.

And me? I got a meatball in my bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment