Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Clean Day in Coos Bay

We only had to travel about 45 miles today.  I thought when we arrived here in Coos Bay there would be plenty of time to have an adventure.  I was so wrong.   We have no limitations on water use here at Alder Acres Resort as we have full hook ups, so all the things we couldn't do in Florence were done today. It became "clean everything day" and my plans for an adventure went up in suds!

They vacuumed, they sprayed, dusted or waxed every thing in sight.  He washed the motor home outside and she did five load of laundry.  Somewhere between the sheets and the towels I landed in the sink and I got washed and then blow dried.  It was such a flurry of activity that the afternoon disappeared before anyone had any fun.

At about 5:00 they went down to the port to take some pictures for me.  Coos Bay is one of the world's largest ports for forest products. Wood chips are the major export from this port.  Tons of wood chips can be seen on the highway coming into town.

The historic wooden tug boat, Koos was on display at the port as well as many more modern tugs which help move the lumber barges out to sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment