Thursday, August 31, 2017

JUG HANDLE

Thing are looking up.  Today I feel a lot better and while not exactly tip-top, I'm definitely on the mend.  Don't like that medicine they have to give me twice a day, but the worst part of being sick is that they are not giving me any treats at all.  I've tried all my usual cute tricks, but nothing works.  No treats until tomorrow night, that really stinks!

While I stayed home pouting, they went on with the vacation. Kathe found out about a really great fish restaurant from a local gal.  D'jango's Rough Bar was at the harbor on the Noyo River, and the fish and chips were tasty.  Fresh Rock Cod and real homemade potato chips!

After lunch they went to Jug Handle State Park and took a nice hike.  There was a two mile path out to the cliffs overlooking the ocean, and then back under the freeway into a wooded riparian area, and into several different forest areas. It was a self-guided tour identifying all sorts of trees; Redwoods, Blue Spruce, Bishop Pine, and a Pygmy Forest.  It was an easy shaded hike with only two other people on the path.  A great way to end our time here on the Northern California coast.

That brings me to the my next subject, what are we doing for the Labor Day weekend?
We plan to spend the next four days in Santa Rosa with my cousins and my Grandma. I'm not sure that I'll have much time for my blog because I have to visit with everybody.  Catch you later when we get to Paso Robles--we're not going home yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment