Monday, August 14, 2017

HI HO SILVER FALLS


It was a supposed to be a short drive today, but where have we heard that before?  I'm not sure, but I think we might have taken the wrong highway or maybe we took the right highway the wrong way,  I couldn't figure that out. Anyhow, there was a lot of discussion and cussing before we finally all agreed upon the right direction to Silver Fall State Park. So we got here and everyone is smiling now.

This place is so beautiful, I never get tired of coming here. There are lots of trees and fields to roam for me and lots of chipmunks to pester. We have a great site right next to the blackberry patch.  At last Kathe was able to pick some and make a berry cobbler for dessert.  Everywhere we have been on this trip the berries were just not there or just not ripe. Of course no one would share their cobbler with me, not even a tiny bite.  Something about "people food"not being good for me.  I'll be the judge of that.



After we got settled in and Kathe picked all the berries she could reach without falling off the ladder, they decided to get started on hiking some of the 10 waterfalls here in the park. First up was South Falls, and then they hiked to Winter Falls before it started getting dark and it was time for my dinner and a well deserved nap.






No comments:

Post a Comment