Monday, June 20, 2016

GILLETTE AT LAST

As you can see from this picture, the drive this morning was more of the same thing we had yesterday. Grass and sky. This is really a picture taken today, and it looks just like the one we took 200 miles ago.Wide open Wyoming ranch land, no trees, and a few cattle here and there.  As we got closer to Gillette we started to see some of the oil wells this area is known for. They say that Gillette is the "Energy Capital of the Nation," due to the coal and oil industries that support their economy.

We are here for a big four day motor home rally hosted by Tiffin Motorhomes.  There are over 300 coaches here from all over the United States and Canada. We came in late this morning with a group of 5 couples and 9 doggies!

It's going to be a party for the next few days so don't expect much from my blog.  After all I'm with 8 of my closest best dog friends, so that will keep me very busy.  It's a little rough here on us doggies, the ground is so lumpy and the grass is stiff and hard to walk on.  Kathe took me down to a place were the grass was softer and there were a couple of trees for shade.  There were so many other dogs there with the same idea I could hardly find a private spot.

We are camped at a huge facility and all you can see are row after row of very similar motor homes.

I'll try to take a better picture tomorrow.
They all look the same to me and it's hard to find your way back home once you leave your row, I'm thinking breadcrumbs might be a good idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment