Friday, June 10, 2016

BEAUTIFUL ZION


Did you know when a F-18 flies over your motor home it vibrates the floor so much that there are white cap waves in your water bowl?  That really happened this morning before we left Las Vegas.  Guess we'll pick a different RV Park on the trip back home.

The good news was that we were not too far from the I-15 so we were on the road early this morning traveling up to Utah.  It's really been very hot so Kathe and Jim are keeping the air conditioning on at full blast just for me.

We drove through the beautiful Virgin River Gorge where many years ago the river carved a path through the mountains.  It was such a steep and curvy road that the chairs fell over and the freezer flew open, but we made it in one piece to Zion.  Trying to take a picture while the coach is moving is a challenge but I think I got one good one.



We aren't staying in the National Park this time, Kathe made a reservation at the Zion Canyon RV Resort, and it's just perfect.  This is our view from our site, just below the massive red cliffs, and right along the Virgin River.  We are within walking distance of the park entrance and there is a shuttle right out in front of the resort.

The only thing is, I wish they had a doggy park, but I guess it's too hot to make friends anyway.  And by the way, the squirrels here are being fed by the tourists and are so fat and slow I bet I'll get lucky!

2 comments:

  1. I just came back a few weeks ago from Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks. We just missed each other!

    ReplyDelete