Sunday, June 30, 2013

I wish I knew how they do it!



How do they jump from the ground so fast and run up a tree?  I've been watching them, and that's all I can do, watch!  Those squirrels are so gosh darn quick, I don't think I'll ever catch one. This place is teeming with squirrels and chipmunks so I'm not going to give up.  One day when Kathe isn't paying attention and holding on to my string so tightly, I'll get one, maybe.





I promised you some pictures of the campsite here at Newhalem Creek Campground in the North Cascades National Park, so here are a few.  Kathe and Jim went hiking today on a River Loop down along the Skagit River.  It was a short 1.8 mile hike so they walked it twice and on the second loop they saw some bear scat right next to the trail.  Bet that made them walk a little faster!





The campground was pretty crowded last night but tonight we are one of only three campers in this loop.  I walked around all three loops after dinner and none of them have more than three or four sites occupied.  Hope it isn't too quiet tonight, I really don't want to meet up with that bear.  Once you have smelled a bear, you never forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment