Monday, June 24, 2013

Rain, Rain Go Away!

Boy, am I  soggy mess.   It rained all day today here in Leavenworth, and I do so love the rain.   Of course I wanted to go out again, and again and again.  I love to run through puddles and get completely wet.  I now have really curly hair, but no one else around here appreciates it!   My curls or the rain!

They left me about 11:00 today to go to the Upper Valley Museum in Leavenworth.  When they found out it was closed today they went back to the car.  It just so happens that they were parked in front of King Ludwig's authentic German restaurant.  You know Jim just couldn't pass that up!

After a pork schnitzel and sauerkraut lunch they needed a dessert, so they set out for Cashmere, Washington to visit the Aplets and Cotlets candy factory.  They took a tour through the kitchen and learned how the fruit and nut candy is made and packaged.  The company started making candy in the early 1900's with apples and nuts from the orchards they owned. Aplets was a candy made from apples and nuts and Cotlets was made with apricots and nuts.  Now they make candy using all kinds of fruits and berries.  There were LOTS of free samples!

If it doesn't rain tomorrow I think that Kathe and Jim are going river rafting.  I hope they have wet suits!  It looks very cold out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment