Sunday, July 1, 2018

A MOUSE AND ANOTHER MONUMENT



Most exciting morning ever! So, Kathe's taking me out this morning and I smell something really interesting behind a rock. It's a little mouse, so I bite it and turn around to show Kathe what I found for her. It was hanging out of my mouth a little but she screamed and that scared me so much I dropped it. Darn little thing ran away. But, it was sure was fun while it lasted.

After breakfast, while I was recovering,  the rest of the group took a bike ride to the Starbucks and planned their day. First up was a trip to the Colorado National Monument. We are camped about a mile from the entrance. They drove the 23 mile Rim Rock Drive and stopped several times to enjoy the views overlooking the canyons and rock sculptures.

After that it was a search for the famous peaches in the town of Palisade, Colorado.  They found several fruit stands and brought home some bags of peaches, peach jam and peach salsa.

Still wish she would have let me keep that little mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment