Tuesday, July 24, 2018

BITTERSWEET DAY

Many of you know that when I started this blog in 2011 it was originally for my Grandma Norma, Kathe's Mom. She was very interested in our RV trips and since she had a computer I thought it would be a great idea to let her know what we were doing everyday. She always encouraged us to enjoy life and to travel, and she loved to hear about our trips. In later years when she could no longer use the computer we would sent her our blog by snail mail each week. Sadly, today we learned that  Grandma has gone to heaven to be with the angels. We all loved her very much including me. I will always remember sitting next to her on the couch while she was sewing or reading one of her cowboy novels, she was so toasty warm and loving. We're all a little sad today, and will miss her so much.

I stayed home today with a babysitter while my humans went on a previously scheduled all day rail road excursion. They had tickets for the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad. It's America's longest and highest narrow gauge railroad. This rail line began in 1880 and was a critical factor in the development of southwestern Colorado and northern New Mexico. It climbed to 10,015 feet in the Cumbres Pass and then chugged down into Chama.

No comments:

Post a Comment