Thursday, June 21, 2012

Frustrating Day

It's getting very frustrating here at Deer Creek.  I have been chasing chipmunks, squirrels, and birds now for three days and have yet to sink my teeth into a single one. Every time I almost catch one, that damn red string around my neck snaps, and I get pulled backwards!  I hope to to have better luck outsmarting Kathe and the wildlife when we move to Rock Springs, Wyoming tomorrow.

Kathe and Jim went for a hike down around the Lake this morning before driving into Heber City to explore the town.  After spending about an hour visiting the Heber City "Daughter's of the Utah Pioneers" Museum they decided that it was time for lunch at Dickie's Barbecue.

After lunch, they stopped at the Heber Valley Rail Station for a look at the Heber Creeper, the train that travels along the Lake from Provo to Heber City.

The rest of the day was spent relaxing in lounge chairs reading in the sun watching for stupid chipmunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment