Friday, June 29, 2018

LOOKING DOWN AT THE COLORADO RIVER




Yesterday morning I went out at 5:00 when the lawn sprinklers were on.  Kathe didn't notice it because she was so sleepy, so I ran around and got myself totally wet just like in a rainstorm. Great fun until I came back into the coach and had to be toweled dry. Kathe wasn't very gentle and wouldn't let me back in bed.  So worth it anyway. This morning when she tried to point me in another direction, I ran back into the sprinklers again and got soaked. Really so much fun! Can't wait till tomorrow morning.

Today Kathe and Jim went on another road trip with Warren and Kathy. First they drove up to Dead Horse Point State Park to check out the view from the top of the mesa. It was a little hazy, but they were able to see 2000 feet down into the valley along the Colorado River where they drove in the jeep on Wednesday. They also checked out the new Campground called Windgate which had sites large enough to accommodate our motor home. Maybe we will camp there next time.

After the trip to Dead Horse Point they took a scenic drive down highway 128 to Red Cliff Lodge for lunch. There's a steep canyon on both sides of the highway along the Colorado River. Lots of people were floating past us on the river. A great way to beat the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment