Monday, July 28, 2014

A Walk in the Park

It's our last day here in Chico.  Tomorrow we leave for Lassen Volcanic National Park where there are no services and we will be dry camping for three days.  Today we're running errands in preparation for the move.  First thing on the agenda was my bath!  As you can see from this picture, I wasn't too thrilled. 

It was a day for paying bills, grocery shopping and a trip to the post office.  The weather is cooling down a little, today it was only 92
in the shade.  Still way too hot for me!  I can't even think about chasing the squirrels here, all I want to do is lie down in the cool green grass.

Kathe and Jim went for a long walk in Bidwell Park this afternoon and decided to leave me home.  It's a good thing they didn't take me because they both came home sweating bullets!  I guess I was the lucky one, I stayed cool in the motor home.

Bidwell City Park has over 3600 acres for picnicking, swimming, hiking and biking.  There are huge sycamores and towering oak trees that are over 100 years old.  They filmed the original Robin Hood here in 1937.  One of the most popular features in the park is the swimming hole that was created by damming the Big Chico Creek.  There must have been 100 kids enjoying themselves on this hot afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment